Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

Lab B

I feel like I didn't do as good of a job as I could on lab B because I didn't have very much preparation time. I planned a lesson to teach but when I got to class I found out that it was the wrong lesson so I had to come up with a new one lesson for the day. The mp3 recording of me teaching shows that I was struggling in the beginning of the lesson but regained composure and continued to teach a pretty smooth lesson on ultimate frisbee. My time coding form shows that I did a pretty good job using my time. The students were engaged in an activity for the majority of the time and there was no waiting, and very little management time as well. However, my instruction time was rather high because I didn't fully understand the drill, and it took a significant amount of time to explain the drill. I think that I did a good job starting the class. I had a little hook at the beginning of the class by saying that "it's going to be a fun class". This hopefully does get the students excited about class and ready to get into the activities for the day. My actual demonstration and explanation of the drill wasn't the best because I really didn't understand the drill at first. You can tell by my transcript that I was really stumbling and having a difficult time organizing the drill properly. I think the lesson went a lot smoother once I got past explaining and demonstrating the drill. I knew what I was doing at this point so I had more control and organization. My feedback analysis form shows that I did a much better job giving feedback this time compared to the last time I taught. However, I've noticed that my feedback is very general and not specific to any one thing that the student has performed. I need to work on giving feedback that emphasizes the cues that are giving to help reinforce learning of the skill. I think that my little closure that went over the lesson for the day helped to reinforce learning of the skill and hit the important points of my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment