Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

lab A2




I think that I did a good job introducing myself and getting everyone involved in a activity. I could have had the students sit down while listening to directions to ensure that everyone is paying attention. As you can see in my time coding sheet the majority of my time was spent with instruction and the activity. I should have spent a little less time with explaining the activity and more time actually doing the activity and getting students active. My voice volume was pretty good but I didn't have much variation within my drill. After viewing my transcript I realized that I really need to work on how I talk to students. I used "you guys" and "alright, umm" a lot throughout my teaching lesson. I could have had the students having trouble try to get a lower number and more skilled students go for a higher number of passes. As you can see in my feedback analysis form, I was only able to give feedback to 3 students out of 10. The feedback wasn't very specific either, so I really need to work on giving positive feedback that will help the student. I think my cues were good and simple so that they were easy to remember. I also think my closure was good and had a fun hook to get students excited about next class. I feel that I have learned a lot about how I teach from the watching the video and filling out the forms. Now I know what I need to work on and I hope to keep improving my teaching skills.

1 comment:

  1. Jed, great job on putting all your forms onto your blog. Remember to use feedback as much as you can. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete